Peak has a definite purpose and we are driven by it. We are and will remain the top leaders in mental health care. We will provide all our services with excellence, poise, and a bright smile. We are united in the fact that reaching the 'peak', or the pinnacle as a team is essential and vital to that cause. As a team, Peak embraces each client and fellow colleague with a heart full of empathy. From celebrating personal and corporate successes to working our way around detours and road blocks, we empathize and truly care about Peak Nation. Peak Wellness Center and all four of our counties aspire to be the absolute best by embracing our five core values: Community, Compassion, Excellence, Responsiveness and Trustworthiness! We believe that our clients are getting better care because they are coming to us…and we deliver that better care. We are boldly dedicated to strengthening our community through wellness and empowering ourselves and others toward excellence.
A leading provider of comprehensive, all-ages mental health and substance abuse treatment services in Wyoming, Peak Wellness Center, Inc., has served residents of Albany, Goshen, Laramie and Platte counties for over five decades.
Peak has a staff of nearly 200 and a clinical team of more than 110 specialists, including one of Wyoming’s finest child psychiatrists. We offer services ranging from trauma treatment to classes about parenting children with ADD/ADHD to supported housing for adults with severe mental illness. The Peak team customizes proven, evidence-based treatments and programs for the unique needs of each individual and family.
An inclusive, private, nonprofit clinic, Peak keeps high-quality services affordable for anyone in the community by accepting most insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid while also offering a sliding fee scale based on financial status.
Fully certified by the Behavioral Health Division of the Wyoming Department of Health, Peak has achieved internationally recognized CARF accreditation for excellence in the fields of mental health care and substance abuse treatment.
Education, Licenses: Master's Degree in psychology, social work, or other human services field and successful completion of required in-service training for crisis assessment and intervention offered through the Center.
Two years of post-degree supervised experience in providing mental health services may be substituted for practicum/internship
Do you have a strong desire to be a part of a team that inspires our communities and teams to become their best selves?Our clients want to live their life to the fullest potential and they know we have a passion to help them succeed in every moment of their life. The Peak Team Mental Health Counselor will provide and coordinate clinical services throughout the course of an individual's treatment. Ensure treatment practices are in accordance with practice standards, are appropriate to client needs and in compliance with agency standards. Professionalism, ethical conduct and active participation with colleagues is essential and includes treatment coordination between other Peak Wellness staff and community providers. Maintenance of professional licensure and/or certification is required.
1. Receives referrals for services. Refers inappropriate referrals to appropriate community service provider(s).
3. Provides individual, marital, family, group and rehabilitative services as appropriate to client needs. Makes appropriate referrals as needed during course of treatment.
4. Develops and maintains positive working relationship with other community providers. Coordinates with other Peak Wellness Center staff and other community providers in providing joint treatment as reflected in treatment plan. Prepares needed reports of treatment as requested.
5. Maintains case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation. Provides follow-up and aftercare planning services as needed. Expeditiously discharges inactive clients.
6. Provides emergency services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
7. Provides program and case consultation and education services internally, and to other community groups and individuals. Participates in agency program development activities.
8. Provides liaison service for local, regional and state hospitals to ensure continuity of care for Center clients.
9. Maintains therapeutic responsibility for the collection of fees.
10. Attends staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and other activities, which ensure the smooth functioning of clinic operations.
11. Provides mental health/substance abuse evaluations and prepares reports of findings and recommendations.
12. Maintains the Agency standard of expected minimum direct service productivity (currently 1100 hours).
13. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Clinic or Chief Clinical Officer.
Medical, dental, vision and voluntary term life coverage available
Peak has a definite purpose and we are driven by it. We are and will remain the top leaders in mental health care. Peak is the largest provider of mental health care and substance abuse treatment in South East Wyoming. We provide all our services with excellence, poise, and a bright smile. We are united in the fact that reaching the ‘peak’, or the pinnacle as a team is essential and vital to that ...cause. As a team, Peak embraces each client and fellow colleague with a heart full of empathy. From celebrating personal and corporate successes to working our way around detours and road blocks, we empathize and truly care about the Peak Family. Peak Wellness Center and all four of our counties aspire to be the absolute best, which, of course, makes us the best! We believe that our clients are getting better care because they are coming to us…and we deliver that better care.