Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
The Minneapolis VA health Care System has an opening for a Staff Physician in our Emergency Department, Primary Care Service Line. The Minneapolis VA Health Care System (VAHCS) is a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services with state-of-the-art technology, as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics and extended care. The Emergency Department is open 24 hours and receives ambulances bringing veterans with acute medical conditions for evaluation and treatment. The ED has on site access to adult medical and surgical specialties and advanced imaging techniques. The ED staff include excellent nursing and support staff with integrated mental health providers.
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System in Minneapolis, Minnesota is seeking an ABEM eligible/certified Emergency Medicine physician to complete the following duties:
1. Evaluation, stabilization and movement to definitive care of acute medical, surgical, and trauma conditions that present to the ED.
2. Assess and initiate treatment of ongoing or chronic conditions that present to the ED while facilitating delivery of the patient to the appropriate level of follow up care.
3. Provide patient first focused care while practicing evidence based cost effective medicine.
4. Ensure practice consistent with Joint Commission, CARF, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice emergency medicine guidelines, VISN standards, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, mandatory continuing education, and HIPPA policies
5. Education of any students of medicine and residents within the teaching facility.
6. Participation in facility and university conferences, committees, administrative duties, and research to ensure continuous quality improvement in patient care and medical advances
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
VA needs new employees with a wide variety of skills and professions.Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of some truly special and deserving people.Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.Those who a...lready work at VA feel privileged to assist the men and women who have defended our country. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.The Department of Veterans Affairs is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. America's veterans need you.