Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
University Pediatricians, the practice plan for the Wayne State Department of Pediatrics and in affiliation with Children's Hospital of Michigan is seeking a full-time nurse practitioner for the neonatology division to work closely with physician and resident staff, patient care staff, patients and families to manage plan of care.
- Performs physical examinations, routine invasive, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans
- Functions as a consultant, educator, researcher, resource and role model for patient, families, community, nursing personnel and other health care providers.
- Educates and counsels the family members of patients on condition, desired results of treatment plans, and expectations during illness and recovery.
- Participates in the management of patient's care by determining the need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care
- Prepares, develops and initiates treatment plan in consultation with attending physician
- Analyzes and promotes system changes to enhance quality of care and organizational effectiveness/efficiency
- Conducts/utilizes research to promote health and improve health care delivery.
1-2 years of experience as a NP, preferably working with pediatric patients.
University Pediatricians is the practice plan for the Department of Pediatrics at Wayne State University School of Medicine. We are affiliated with Children's Hospital of Michigan, the only free standing children's hospital in the state. University Pediatricians is a not-for-profit corporation and serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Our mission is to provide essential access to care ...for a significant population of children with chronic illnesses within Michigan and the surrounding region. Ensuring that University Pediatricians can continue to serve our patient population is a key element to our contracting strategy.Working in coordination with The Children's Hospital of Michigan we strive to improve the health and well-being of all children and their communities by advancing science and the practice of pediatric health care and through advocacy programs.Our group provides medical services in all of the pediatric subspecialties listed below:-Allergy/Immunology -Adolescent Medicine -Autism -Cardiology -Critical Care Medicine -Emergency Medicine -Endocrinology -Gastroenterology -General Pediatrics -Genetics and Metabolic Disorders -Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplantation -Hemophilia Treatment Center -Hospitalists -Infectious Disease -Neonatal and Prenatal Medicine -Nephrology -Neurology -Pharmacology and Toxicology -Physician Medicine and Rehabilitation -Pulmonology -Pediatric Prevention Center -Rheumatology -Sickle CellIn addition to providing services on our main campus, we provide services at various locations throughout Michigan. We provide medical education for pediatric residents and pediatric subspecialty fellowships each year.Our core values include compassion, integrity, innovation, respect and accountability. We instill these values in order to promote a family-centered system of care and prevention that will benefit children, families and communities. We educate physicians and other health care professionals in order to provide outstanding care. As an employee of University Pediatricians, we encourage employees to take great pride in being a member of a Company that has an excellent reputation for helping children and their families. We strongly believe that each employee directly contributes to our overall success.