Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
LEAD NEONATAL ADVANCED PRACTITIONER POSITION
Baystate Health, a Truven® Award–winning healthcare system and home of the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate, is searching for an experienced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to serve as Team Lead for our APs in Baystate Medical Center’s Division of Newborn Medicine in Western MA.
This opportunity features:
• Join our team of 8 neonatologists and 7 advanced practitioners in our busy 55-bed Level III NICU.
• Provide medical management of high risk infants in the NICU/Continuing Care Nursery including participation in rounds, conducting physical exams, performing procedures, and ordering and interpreting lab tests and radiologic examinations. Attend high risk deliveries and participate in the transports of ill infants.
• In collaboration with Chiefs, lead the AP team and serve as first line supervisor ensuring highest quality of patient and family centered care.
• Fosters collaborative practice among physicians, AP’s, nurses, staff and the organization.
• Supervises and coordinates personnel activities including rotation schedule, performance management, scheduling, orientation, and training for AP’s.
• Participates in the development of policies, guidelines, clinical protocols, and evaluation tools.
We seek NNPs or neonatal PAs with at least 2 years of experience working in a Level III NICU. Candidates must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and should have excellent communication and teaching skills.
About Baystate Health / UMass School of Medicine-Baystate
Baystate Children’s Hospital (BCH) is a hospital-within-a-hospital at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, MA, and the only accredited children’s hospital in the region. Equipped with 110 beds and the most advanced medical technologies, BCH provides more than 50 inpatient and outpatient services including children’s primary care, as well as subspecialties including behavioral medicine, cardiac... care, diabetes, endocrinology, gastroenterology, nutrition, genetics, infectious diseases, pulmonology, neurology and surgical services. Join us in delivering a higher state of caring at Baystate Health.