Responsible for overall Environmental Services (Housekeeping) functions for contracts at assigned healthcare facility. Responsible for daily monitoring and project management support. Monitor monthly reports to ensure performance compliance. Responsible for the development and management of budgets and job costs at assigned location. Position directly oversees management staff at jobsite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Conduct jobsite inspections; implement corrective actions if necessary.
· Monitor overall jobsite and contract performance.
· Review weekly labor hour’s reports to assess actual performance vs. budget and work with job location on improving efficiency and decreasing hours to budget or below.
· Ensure that site respond to service increases and decreases by adjusting schedules and man hours accordingly.
· Adhere to budget costs (labor, supply, materials, microfiber laundering and overhead) and be accountable of those budgeted costs.
· Provide contract support and interpretation to Supervisor.
· Ensure site is properly maintaining vehicles and equipment to extend life of units.
· Participate in the contract modification (pricing adjustment) process with site government personnel and corporate staff.
· Review jobsite monthly reports; evaluate performance against budget and other quality of service metrics.
· Communicate with government representatives in-person, via e-mail and phone on a regular basis to assess service levels and overall contract performance.
· Review all employee injury reports/accident investigations and works with site supervisor and employees on maintaining a safe work environment with a target of 0 employee injuries.
· Promote best practices in order to improve operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
· Perform walk through of facilities serviced to evaluate overall service level. Review site QC metrics to ensure proper QC is being performed and documented.
· Provide supervision and hospital aseptic training in accordance with the Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE) standards of the Environmental Services Department and with hospital objectives.
· Ensure all behaviors comply with the company’s Employee Handbook and all established policies and procedures manuals for environmental services.
· Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review and inspect the work of staff responsible for providing environmental services to government standards.
· Review inspections and investigations provided by supervisor to enforce and oversee corrections to ensure compliance and government standards are met in a timely manner.
· Research, analyze and define issues with adhering to established company policies and procedures; recommend and oversee resolutions and procedures for meeting government standard and requirements.
· Review and prepare complete and accurate reports on operations, inspections and activities.
· Implement site goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for providing environmental services to meet inspection and standards; implement policies and procedures.
· Respond to and timely resolve difficult and sensitive customer inquiries and complaints.
· Available to handle after-hour assignments when required.
· Attend meetings as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
Ten (10) years of relevant housekeeping experience. The Executive Housekeeper shall possess a minimum of five (5) years medical treatment facility experience, with a minimum of two (2) years of specific management in a medical treatment facility. Specific experience shall indicate that the Executive Housekeeper has directly managed and performed in a medical treatment facility of comparable size and services as this healthcare facility or the equivalent civilian medical treatment facility.
· Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) or Certificate of completion for all contract requirement courses from the International Executive Housekeeper’s Association as a Certified/Registered Executive Housekeeper (CEH or REH) is required. All certifications shall be maintained active and current throughout the term of the contract.
· Experience in government contracting and financial administration.
· Knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations and labor law.
· Excellent management and employee relations skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
· Ability to work independently and recommend solutions to problems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Projects.
· Superior attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands.
· Knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation.
· Management and leadership skills required.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, please apply here or email your resume to email@example.com.
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
· Position works in assigned healthcare facility.
· Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
· Moderate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but not to the point of being disagreeable.
Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, gender or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.