6. Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Responsible for providing comprehensive case management and support to clients to help them become stable, aware of self-worth and identify skills need to move into self-sufficiency and performing other job-related duties that are assigned.
- Represent CCA in a positive, pleasant manner by providing excellent customer service at all times
- Adhere to Standards of Behaviors. Support the Ministries mission, vision and values
- Handle all client contact in a friendly, fair and impartial manner
- Complete necessary assessment and needs analysis to develop individualized plans for clients, with SMART goals and objectives
- Empower client involvement in their own planning and goal setting
- Regularly monitor the progress towards goals in regularly scheduled client appointments
- Document all communication with and/or on behalf of the client into CRM, including progress towards goals and documentation of any incidents
- Connect and assist client with appropriate referrals within and outside the agency
- Serve as primary contact and advocate for clients
- Work in collaborations with program and agency staff to facilitate a team environment.
- Attend scheduled departmental meetings and trainings
- Ability to work successfully as a team as well as independently
- Ability to pray with a client upon request and need
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, including but not limited to translations and being able to work in a cross-functional department to assist where needed
- Willingness to travel to other locations and agencies to assist the needs of regional clients
- During peak seasons be available to work evenings/weekends as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
8. Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Internships Accepted)
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, outcome driven environment
Ability to fluently speak, read and understand both English and Spanish
Stay current of area community services and resources
Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to multitask and work in face paced environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
Strong listening skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills
Attention to details with complete accuracy
Experience working with diverse populations
Ability to build and maintain relationships
Experience working with diverse populations exercising empathy, make non-judgement based decisions and maintain strong boundaries
Excellent time management skills
- No supervisory responsibility
11. Working Conditions:
Physical surroundings: Computer, calculator, and general office equipment
Adverse working environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at times. The noise level in the work is usually moderate.
Physical Effort: Occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Occasionally lift and/or move 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. CCA, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Additional Salary Information: Paid time off after 90 days, 401k, health benefits within 90 days of hire date.
What started as a Bible study group of seven people in 1973 has grown into an organization of over 150 staff members, and more than 2,500 volunteers. Headquartered in Lewisville, CCA is one of the largest private nonprofits in North Texas, providing more than 10,000 individual services each year.Through careful case management, CCA’s holistic approach from rescue to transition helps families in ne...ed achieve self-sufficiency by offering a “hand-up” instead of a hand-out. Available programs include:Financial AssistanceFood PantrySpiritual Care & CounselingVocational/Education Services – GED & ESL classes, job-search support, budget training, literacy.Case Management ServicesSeasonal Programs – Kids Eat Free, Back to School, Christmas Toy Store, Senior Monday, Senior Christmas Gift Program, Holiday Meal Program