Smyth County Community Hospital (SCCH) and Mountain States Medical Group (MSMG), located in beautiful Marion, Virginia, are currently seeking an Experienced, Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (Physiatrist) Medical Director to work Full Time in the SCCH In-Patient Rehabilitation Unit (IPR). The PM&R Medical Director must have a strong interest in patient-centered care and commitment to excellence. Candidate must also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a desire to interact with referring physicians/hospitals, local Providers, Case Managers and Patients. Hospital-Based Physiatrist experience preferred, but not required.
* Interest in Stroke and Neuro-Rehabilitation as well as Medically Complex Patients (with Hospitalist support)
* Ability to work with SCCH Rehabilitation Team, including Physician and/or Advanced Practitioner
* Desire to be positive contributor to Local and System Medical Community
* Desire to live locally and be a part of the thriving community of Marion, Virginia
* Familiarity with evolving rules and regulations that affect rehabilitation
* Primary Focus of Patients will be on Stroke Rehabilitation and others include: Medically Complex Patients, Hip Fractures, Amputees and Trauma Patients
Through Emory and Henry College of Health Sciences, there are opportunities as Adjunct Faculty and Conjoint Research available with their Doctor of Physical Therapy, Master in Occupational Therapy, and Physician Assistant programs.
• Competitive Annual Salary
• Generous Sign On Bonus
• Relocation and Educational Loan Assistance
• Paid Malpractice
• Full Benefits
Please contact us to discuss schedule and call details
Tina McLaughlin, CMSR MSHA Senior Physician Recruiter
NE Market (JMH, RCMC and SCCH)
View On-Line Job Tour:
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Full Benefits, Sign On Bonus, Relocation Assistance & Educational Loan Assistance
We strive to provide an environment in which physicians and families will grow and thrive. You'll be surrounded by other regionally-known physicians and a supportive management team as well as an expert and caring staff of nurses and technicians. State-of-the-art technology that you need for success in your practice is all available.You and your family will enjoy a high standard of living in this ...community, surrounded by the beautiful mountains, the lush scenery, the friendly neighborhoods, and the rich culture and history of our region. Nestled in the Virginia Highlands, our region is within driving distance of Roanoke, Asheville, Knoxville, and Nashville and is home to an excellent school system and a wealth of social, community, and religious organizations. This small town is known for bigger-city amenities. If you're seeking the perfect balance of personal and professional growth, you won't find a better home.