Responsible for administrative and clinical oversight of site psychosocial services. Responsible for ensuring all patients have access to behavioral health and community resources in a timely and efficient manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 60%
· Maintain sufficient number of qualified staff by interviewing, hiring, supervising and retaining staff.
· Take initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements for the department to VP and site Medical Director.
· Follows standard, policies and procedures and participates in agency quality improvement activities including patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes.
· Accurately evaluate staff performance and utilize progressive discipline when appropriate.
· Plan and utilize a collaborative inter-departmental approach in managing patient care.
· Provide clinical supervision to staff or delegates as appropriate.
· Provides administrative and clinical supervision to Behavioral Health Consultants and Care Coordinators as appropriate.
· Monitor department compliance with HRSA, The Joint Commission and all regulatory agencies.
· Collaborates with site leadership and interdepartmental leadership to set access performance expectations and monitors overall performance by site to include collaboration with external referral sources in community partners.
· Ensures all psychosocial services are integrated within the primary care team.
· Develops balance score card, performance metrics and quality initiatives/outcomes.
Clinical Duties: 40%
· Provides assessments with diagnostic evaluations
· Provides therapy to individuals, couples, family or groups
· Provides therapy to those with behavioral health diagnosis
· Oversees the coordination and implementation of behavioral health treatment.
· Provides emergency evaluations of clients in crisis and facilitates referral to more intensive levels of addictions treatment or psychiatric hospitalization if needed
· Documents all services as directed by CBHC policy, State requirements and professional standards.
· Keeps accurate statistics on services provided and submits in a timely manner.
· Treatment plans and ITPs are consistently completed on time
· Refers clients for the most appropriate mental health treatment and other needed services within CBHC or to outside resources
· Provides consultation to medical providers, other CBHC staff, and other service providers to facilitate a coordinated continuum of care
· Adapts access strategies to changes in volume demands and behavioral health and care coordination growth.
· Demonstrates efforts to eliminate financial waste.
· Monitors productivity and effectiveness of staffing schedules
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competency:
· Demonstrate strong clinical skills and competency in working with patients, from undertaking assessments (including risk), planning and delivery of care to review of effective methods of interventions, in order to shape continuing service provision that will meet the needs of individuals.
· Ability to effectively communicate expectations and deliverables to program staff and site leadership.
· Maintain sensitivity to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy.
· Demonstrate excellent managerial and leadership skills/competence to enable them to support and motivate their teams and have excellent communication skills, sensitivity and approachability to enable them to connect with their teams, develop and train them in order to ensure a high standard of patient care.
· Demonstrate ability to manage under pressure and conflicting demands, they should be professional at all times in order to make decisions and manage crisis situations while supporting the staff and patients.
· Must be able to give accurate DSM diagnosis, to use a variety of treatment techniques with a range of diagnoses, familiarity with HIV/AIDS issues, and familiarity with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) issues.
· Ability to manage change and make necessary staff scheduling changes and program changes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Required: Master’s Degree in Social work or Counseling or PhD/PsyD
· License: Current state license and/or certification
· Required: Three years of experience in the provision of outpatient mental health services in a health care setting and one year in the provision of providing case management services.
Our mission is to provide compassionate, quality health care that honors diversity, inspires wellness, and improves our communities. And that mission drives us each and every day. So, when you come to Chase Brexton for your health care, you receive more than medical attention and clinical services. You receive personalized integrated, collaborative care and superior quality treatment. Complete health care – that is completely about you.