Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
The Vice President Medical and Surgical Subspecialties Practices is responsible for the overall administration, operation, and financial management of Akron Children’s Hospital owned physician medical and surgical subspecialty practices including (MFM, Pulmonary, Sleep Lab and clinic, Allergy and Immunology, Nephrology, Dialysis, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology, Genetics, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Palliative Medicine, Expressive Therapy, Neurodevelopmental Science Center, ENT center, Pediatric Surgery, Anesthesiology, Gastroenterology, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Plastics, Vision Center, Urology, Heart Center), and non-employed medical and surgical subspecialty physician practice professional service arrangements. Oversight includes strategic/business planning, practice recruitment and development, practice operations and resource deployment, human resource management, positive financial performance and compliance oversight for Medical and Surgical Subspecialties Practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
- Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
- Is responsible for the overall administration, operation, and financial management of Akron Children’s Hospital owned physician practices of MFM, Pulmonary, Sleep lab and clinic, Allergy and Immunology, Nephrology, Dialysis, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology, Genetics, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Palliative Medicine, Expressive Therapy, Neurodevelopmental Science Center, ENT center, Pediatric Surgery, Anesthesiology, Gastroenterology, Anesthesia and Pain Center, Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Plastics, Vision Center, Urology, Heart Center), and non-employed medical and surgical subspecialty physician practice professional service arrangements. Oversees the leadership team responsible for the activities of physicians & providers, off-campus locations, and budget i.
- Works collaboratively with Chairs of Departments of Pediatrics, Surgery, Orthopedics, Anesthesia, MFM, and Service Line Leaders (NDSC and Heart Center), and Division Directors within Medical and Surgical Subspecialties on physician initiatives and practice goals.
- Directs strategic initiatives, new site development, and outreach services for the department.
- Drives performance improvement and promotes the PI culture supporting the deployment of Lean Six Sigma and Clinical Microsystems strategies throughout the organization.
- Represents the medical and surgical subspecialty practices at an executive level internally and at local, regional, national professional meetings and forums.
- Leads and participates on committees and advisory boards within the Non-Hospital Based Department and Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Engages and supervises leadership team of directors and managers responsible for financial systems and medical and surgical subspecialty practices, rehab practices and clinical management, and EMR.
Other duties as required.
- Experience leading the executive’s functional area[s] in a large organization or business unit is required.
- Experience with practice management, business plan development and implementation, financial management & analysis, performance improvement strategies, and project management is required.
- Experience with physician relations is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Certification: Fellow in American College of Health Care Executives is preferred. Fellow in American College of Medical Practice Executives is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 10-15 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: 7-10years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: