Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Nurse Practitioner works independently and under a collaborative agreement with the supervising physician and receives administrative supervision from a clinical departmental director. Delivers direct care to clients developing therapeutic plans of care for prevention, management and maintenance of optimum health for individuals.
1. Assesses, diagnoses, treats, manages, evaluates, and administers prenatal, postnatal, and family planning services.
2. Orders, performs, interprets, evaluates, and reviews diagnostic studies and procedures.
3. Prescribes and dispenses pharmaceuticals per protocol/physician consultation.
4. Provides health education and counseling.
5. Makes referrals to health care professionals, specialist, and other community agencies to meet patient needs.
6. Maintains client records in a systematic format approved by department.
7. Serves as a consultant and collaborator to/with the health team and clients.
8. Assists other health care employees in the management of client care.
9. May develop and supervise activities of one or more satellite health center locations 10. Performs other duties within their scope of practice.