SOCIAL WORK TRANSITIONAL CARE COORDINATOR Job Number: 00121767
Job Posting: May 10, 2019, 8:55:56 PM Closing Date: May 25, 2019, 4:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:30 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:30 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 73 Posting Salary: $31.58
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
The Social Work Transitional Care Coordinator works with an identified patient population to support the transition from facility based care to community based care. The Social Work Transitional Care Coordinator may work with patients being discharged from the hospital, skilled nursing or Cermak Health Services, those needing linkages to behavioral health services, those whose care may be impacted by changes in physician availability or those who have experienced a disruption in their insurance. Interfaces with patients, managed care representatives, physicians and community organizations. Additionally, may interact with the patient at the patient's home, physician office or health care facility.
· Outreaches to the patient and/or care giver and introduces self, performs screening if appropriate and interviews patient and/or caregiver to assess understanding of situation.
· Reaches out to facility contact to obtain information regarding discharge needs and associated plan. Where appropriate secures medical records to support post-transition care. May visit patient in facility prior to discharge.
· Develops a plan with the patient to meet the identified post discharge needs. The plan supports the patient's continuity with their medical home team, ongoing care needs and addresses social determinants that may impact the patient's ability to complete care plan activities. The plan may include home visits by the Transition Coordinator, accompanying patients to their first visits, or scheduled phone calls
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (official transcripts due at time of interview)
· Licensed in the State of Illinois as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
· Three (3) years of health care work experience
· Two (2) years of experience electronic medical record, care management systems, or scheduling software
· Basic proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel )
· Valid Driver's license and mandatory vehicle insurance or other means of transportation (must provide at time of interview)
· Prior addiction work experience
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
ABOUT COOK COUNTY HEALTH (CCH)
The Cook County Health’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCH is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCH is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, ...collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER