In your pivotal role as Translational Research Navigator II, you will assist researchers and clinicians in improving the quality of research and grants by identifying collaborators, connecting investigators with resources/funding opportunities, and developing tools to further the research enterprise. Additionally, you will:
* Serve as the central resource for the research community to provide expertise and guidance on complex issues, operational goals, business strategies, ethical considerations, regulatory mandates, and institutional policies related to human research protections.
* Collaborate with internal and external customers to develop and evaluate services for the improvement of human research protection programs.
* Be responsible for the comprehension, management, and facilitation of IRB regulatory assurance(s), contracts, agreements, and IRB policies and procedures.
* Facilitate work groups comprised of members of the NIH, administrative officers, lawyers, and representatives from the offices of research at various institutions nationwide. Provide both administrative and scientific support to help set agendas, plan meetings, critique project proposals, and build databases/tools for the group.
* Educate the campus community regarding resources available to clinicians and researchers to improve all aspects of the research enterprise.
* Be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive/strategic Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program for research programs within the Research Enterprise.
* Organize administrative teams to support national in person meetings (e.g., set meeting agendas, invite speakers, engage possible attendees, advertise events, book meeting locations, book audio-visual services, and provide scientific/technical consultation).
* Write scientific progress reports and technical summaries.
* Lead evidence review methods development and execution within team executing association studies for industry, including designing and testing methods, developing evidence review deliverables for industry partners, and training colleagues.
* Facilitate development and implementation of personalized approaches to patient care.
* Work in concert with Vanderbilt leadership in developing infrastructure for improving expanded access to investigational therapies for seriously ill patients.
* Collaborate with leadership and other colleagues in development and submission of grant proposals related to key national initiatives.
* Provide research support services to Vanderbilt colleagues, including evidence reviews and other project work.
* Master's degree preferred
* Experience with direct clinical trial recruitment activities
* Broad experience in translational science conduct
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Excellent self-initiative and motivation
* Excellent teamwork and facilitation skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Computer proficiency
* Human subjects experience
About the Department :
The national Recruitment Innovation Center, located within VICTR at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville TN, is expanding and as such is seeking an individual with a passion for recruitment of participants into clinical trials. Our team is dynamic and forward thinking in the development of new strategies to help clinical trials recruit and retain individuals, with an emphasis on participant engagement at all levels of the trial development and implementation.
The mission of the Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR), which is of strategic importance to our institution and its research operation, is to remove impediments to translational science so that innovations reach the people who need them more quickly. We are a workforce united not only by common purpose but also by common values.
In collaboration with the VUMC Human Research Protections Program (HRPP), the Translational Research Navigator II assists with the optimal application of the Federal, State, and local laws, guidance documents, VUMC Institutional policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures while meeting the objectives of the VUMC research community. Consults on complex research and regulatory issues in conjunction with the team(s) to identify solutions and develop improvement processes. The TRN II researches topics of departmental, institutional or strategic importance.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.