Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
LOCATION: Columbia, Montour, Northumberland and Union counties
DEPARTMENT: Geisinger Care at Home
WORK TYPE:Full time – Outpatient only
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) will perform health risk assessments for Geisinger Health Plan Gold members.The NP will perform, under the responsibility and supervision works in conjunction with the physician, diagnostic and the therapeutic tasks to allow the physician to expand his/her services through the effective use of the NP’s knowledge in the sphere of decision making required to establish a diagnosis and to plan therapy. May assist in gathering the data necessary in implementing the therapeutic plan of the physician.
A major role will be as patient advocate in the medical care system serving as confidant, advisor, and liaison between the patient and the physician.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
11. * Responsible for the delivery of primary health care in collaboration with the physician.
2. Perform health risk assessments for Geisinger Health Plan Gold
3. NP will cover clinic patient appointments and messages, refills, etc when health risks assessments are not scheduled or cancelled
4. Requests, when necessary, the services of any support service provided by the Geisinger Health System.
5. Evaluates health problems and recognize signs and symptoms of potentially serious conditions, referring accordingly.
6. Renders basic life support and other emergency care until the arrival of a physician or ACLS team when emergency situations develop.
7. Conducts interviews to obtain health histories.
8. Performs health evaluations including, but not limited to, physiological testing, collecting specimens, physical examination, psychological evaluations, etc.
9. Maintains knowledge of laboratory, x-ray and other clinical test procedures and identifying normal results.
10. Communicates to patients and their families, summaries of all pertinent medical findings and offer appropriate advice.
11. Identifies health problems and develop a plan of care in accordance with departmental protocols or the advice of a physician.
12. Performs and assists with triaging telephone calls concerning health issues and offer appropriate telephone management advice to patients.
a. Documents findings, plans of care, and advice given in acute care and telephone encounters with patients.
b. Performs all other duties assigned by the Regional Medical Director.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability and willingness to travel
Work is typically performed in the patient’s home
The Nurse Practitioner candidate must be eligible for licensure as a nurse practitioner in the state of PA.
For more information, please contact, Tammy Bonawitz, Talent Management Consultant, Geisinger, at: www.geisinger.org, 570-214-4777 or email@example.com .
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
About Geisinger: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.