Assist with the delivery of patient care and maintenance of unit environmental standards under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here .
This unit is a 34 bed unit that specializes in stem cell transplants, malignant hematology and clinical trials. Our patient focus is on family-centered patient care and maintaining the patient's quality of life.
We are dedicated to providing a fulfilling and high energy work environment. Our nurses and care partners have a unique perspective on compassion and a strong belief in the enormous potential of cancer survivorship.
Our multidisciplinary team follows the span of our patients' lives through their physicality, frailties, suffering and successes while promoting wellness and self-care.
Due to prolonged inpatient stays, our team strives to create an environment that benefits patients, families, and staff through local charities, volunteers, and staff and management-lead committees. We continually work to improve and grow, championing all involved to continue to provide the best in cancer care.
A 34-bed positive air flow heap-filtration unit
Dedicated to providing care to Vanderbilt's Cancer Patient Population who require a higher level of care
Part of Vanderbilt's Critical Care Tower and we opened in 2012
A unit who supports our Cancer Caregivers - They are provided with access to showers and laundry facilities, and there is a dedicated family zone in each patient room
Dedicated to the physical rehabilitation of our patients as we know cancer can have devastating effects. A Rehabilitation room has been created, with a recumbent bicycle, elliptical machine and ballet barre
This is a 12-hour shift, 36 hours per week. The schedule is made for six weeks which will include 12 weekend shifts (Friday and Saturday nights). Care Partners are required to work five weekend shifts out of the 12 weekend shifts available in a the 6-week schedule. We offer self-scheduling.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make each and every day: Celebrate 2019
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Internal Number: 1912517
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.