Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Certified Nurse-Midwife assumes responsibility for the effective implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the health center and midwifery services. The nurse-midwife is responsible for adhering to performance goals, patient safety goals, and patient satisfaction goals set by the organization. He/she is eager to learn and is committed to caring for a socioeconomically, culturally and gender diverse population. He/she recognizes the contributions of the team, maintains good rapport and working relationships, and strives to improve system processes through problem solving and involvement of other disciplines and services. The nurse-midwife demonstrates support and compliance with the mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of Chase Brexton Health Services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Compliance, Policy, and Procedure
· Demonstrates patient safety standards and midwife practice standards and best practices as applicable to the patient population in his/her department area.
· Participate in peer review and quality improvement activities of the department
Analytical and Critical Thinking
· Performs assessments, evaluations, and takes appropriate actions to improve the quality of midwife care provided in his/her area related to outcomes for obstetric and gynecologic patients
· Performs duties in outpatient office setting: which include:
o Comprehensive gynecologic and well woman care, including family planning
o Health maintenance education
o Health screenings, including screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
o Prenatal care
o Menopause management
o No intrapartum management/deliveries.
· Uses resources in most cost effective manner without negatively impacting patient care.
Willingness to Learn
· Maintains educational competencies, identifies educational deficits and plans ways to meet those deficits
· Provides a supportive learning environment for students, fellows, and residents
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Masters Degree/ American Midwifery Certification and/or Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner with certification and extensive experience working with obstetrics
Must have 5 years experience in midwifery
Internal Number: 2534
About Chase Brexton Health Care
At Chase Brexton Health Care, we believe everyone deserves great health care... because everyone’s health matters. We provide a range of clinical services from primary medical care and behavioral health services to dental and pharmacy, among others, and welcome more than 37,000 patients annually. And, though we continue to grow in size, our patient-centered approach remains; we work diligently to provide personalized care to each of our patients. We believe in educating and empowering our patients to become active participants in their own care. Complete health care – that is completely about you.