The Baptist Neurological Institute, Northeast Florida’s premier center for treatment of neurological conditions of the brain and spine, is actively seeking NEUROHOSPITALISTS with training and/or experience in VASCULAR NEUROLOGY or NEUROPHYSIOLOGY to join the rapidly-growing and highly-distinguished clinical team. Successful candidates will have strong interest in supporting system-wide stroke program initiatives including teleneurology, the development of a thrombectomy-ready center and continued expansion of services across the regional landscape.
The award-winning Baptist Health Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center at Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is led by internationally- renowned endovascular neurosurgeons Ricardo Hanel, MD, PhD and Eric Sauvageau, MD and is the regional epicenter for advanced diagnostics and treatments for all cerebrovascular conditions in adults and children.
• Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has earned the designation of Comprehensive Stroke Center and Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, signifying the highest level of stroke certification available.
• Home to Florida's only Neurologic Emergency Medicine Center, the comprehensive center features four floors solely dedicated to the care of neurologic patients including:
Advanced neurosurgical operative suites with intraoperative MRI and CT capabilities
Dedicated neuro-interventional suites with bi-plane imaging
A dedicated 24-bed Neuro ICU under the medical leadership of Neeraj Neval, MD, Director of Neuro Critical Care and Inpatient Neurological Services
48 private patient suites for neurological conditions
• The Baptist Health system-wide stroke program features three primary stroke centers in addition to the comprehensive center. An exciting initiative is underway to develop a thrombectomy-ready center at Baptist Medical Center South, the region’s most rapidly growing facility located in the center of North-east FL’s most explosive economic and population growth. Care of Acute Stroke patients at the 4 Baptist Medical Centers, 3 Free-standing ERs and 2 affiliated hospitals under Coastal Health are coordinated by credentialed Baptist Tele-stroke providers.
WORLD FAMOUS QUALITY OF LIFE
• Northeast Florida is alive with miles of beaches and waterways, professional sports teams, a strong economy, championship golf courses, exceptionally diverse cultural and recreational opportunities and abundant natural resources.
• The area serves as home to some of the best cost of living and quality of life experiences that the Sunshine State has to offer.
• Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for families of all ages.
• Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
Internal Number: 10
About Baptist Health
Baptist Health is a not-for-profit organization owned by the community – not by shareholders. We are guided by a volunteer board of more than 85 engaged community leaders.Currently ranked as the “most preferred” health care provider in the Jacksonville area, Baptist Health is deeply honored to serve the community through a growing circle of care that includes five nationally accredited hospitals (including the region’s only children’s hospital) plus more than 200 primary care and specialty physician practices, children’s specialty clinics, home health care, behavioral health, occupational health, pharmacies, rehabilitation services and urgent care.