Mental Health America understands that racism undermines mental health. Therefore, we are committed to anti-racism in all that we do. This means that we pledge to work against individual racism, interpersonal racism, and institutional racism in all their forms.
If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
As our Registered Dietitian you will interact closely with our medical providers, our administration, our nursing staff, our therapy teams, and our culinary department on-site. Providing comprehensive nutritional assessments, developing appropriate nutrition care plans, monitoring outcomes, providing patient and family nutrition counseling and education, developing Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers, participating in interdisciplinary Health Care teams and providing input into patient care, policies, programs, quality improvement activities and providing in-service education in areas of expertise. Experience with TPN and Tube Feeding calculations and parenteral macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients is preferred.
Banner University, the state's largest hospital and part of the Banner Health system, is an important clinical education site for the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. With some 733 beds, Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix (formerly Banner Good Samaritan) has served the area for more than 100 years and is known as a top teaching hospital.
This position is full time days and will include alternating weekends and some Holiday coverage. Bring your desire to teach and provide nutritional guidance to this special patient population. Apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments and nutrition-focused physical exams, developing and managing all aspects of appropriate nutrition care plans and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input into patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients' nutritional needs, to include nutrition-focused physical exams as appropriate. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and established practice guidelines.
2. Demonstrates and maintains competency in enteral and parenteral clinical practice protocols and oral nutrition management standard of practice as demonstrated by successful completion of initial competency exams and ongoing evaluation.
3. Writes orders to initiate and manage the nutrition care and of all assigned patients including those receiving nutrition support (parenteral and enteral nutrition) per protocols.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
5. Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and/or family response to education.
6. Provides leadership in area of coverage, monitors proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. May participate in process improvement teams. Serves as mentor to new staff and interns where assigned.
7. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities in clinical areas to ensure optimal nutrition care outcomes are achieved. May participate in outcome studies as needed. In some roles, this position may manage assigned staff: recruits, selects, trains, evaluates, manages performance.
8. This position interacts with patients, families, health care providers and nutrition and dietary staff in support of providing high quality nutrition assessment, care planning, delivery and measurement of outcomes. Position communicates effectively and provides education to ensure optimum nutritional care. Position works independently and provides guidance to nutrition services staff in the development of nutrition plans. Position may also provide community education.
Must possess knowledge of nutrition and dietetics demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be a Registered Dietitian or RD Eligible (academic and professional requirements as defined by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; RD credentials within 6 months of hire). Must hold current registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and be able to maintain ongoing registration while providing verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law.
Must be able to communicate effectively and function independently. Must be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or at Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.