DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Reports to the Director, DMC Nutrition Services conducts a nutrition assessment for all patients identified at nutritional risk to determine an appropriate plan of nutrition therapy that meets their assessed needs. A nutrition assessment includes evaluation of patients medical history, medication/herbal supplement history, anthropometric measurement, assessment of lab values, and diet history. The assessment also includes age specific factors, cultural and religious practices, and barriers to learning including physical, emotional, language, cognitive and motivation. Nutrition Care Plans specific to patients identified need are developed and include requirements for nutrients and nutrition education as appropriate. The assessment is completed using a multi-disciplinary approach with input from medical staff, nursing, speech language pathology, and other appropriate hospital personnel. Records nutrition assessment in patient records using DMC approved documentation.
1) Performs as a resource person for hospital personnel and medical staff regarding nutrition and participates in multidisciplinary rounds as well as providing education to various departments on nutrition related topics.
2) Researches and develops programs for dietetic interns. Participants in the education of dietetic interns by providing specialized and general nutrition instruction.
3) Participate in research projects and nutrition related programs.
4) Works with outside agencies in obtaining ongoing assistance for patients as appropriate.
5) Maintains hospital and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, process improvement and provides input on improving processes and ways to provide high quality patient care.
6) Inventory and order office and tube feeding supplies.
7) Monitors and directs foodservice personnel to ensure provisions of optimal nutritional food service to patients are met; follows up with patient to ensure adherence to dietary regimen.
8) Formulates special recipes or plans to meet the specific needs of patients.
9) Promotes guest relations. Maintains good customer service providing assistance to customers in a quick and courteous manner.
10) Promotes the value of the DMC by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to quality, community welfare, respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, innovation and education, and efficient and effective resource use.
1. Bachelorâ��s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics.
2. Dietetic Internship in healthcare setting or completion of a supervised practice program at a health care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation, or combined with graduate or undergraduate studies. Programs are usually 6 to 12 months in length.
3. Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or registry eligible passing the registry exam within 6 months of completion of internship.
4. Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics required if working with patients with inherited metabolic disorders.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About DMC Harper University/Hutzel Women's Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.