YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Outpatient Clinical Dietitian provides expert evaluation of nutritional status, recommends and implements nutrition intervention and therapy, and provides education and explanation to outpatients. Will provide follow-up upon request of outpatient or healthcare professional. Fosters performance improvement and promotes evidence-based clinical practices. Documents nutrition care and provides documentation to the ordering physician. Provides nutrition presentations, participates in hospital or corporate events, and facilitates group classes as requested. Supports department goals and objectives. Ensures clinical area of responsibility is in alignment with NS and AH System and regulatory agencies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PATIENT CARE SERVICES
· Provides individualized Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) with nutrition assessment to patients with a physician referral, based on AH and NS standards and evidence-based guidelines. Develops and implements an individualized plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the patient nutrition risk assessment and health goals, nutrition prescription, and self-management training. Utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider age-specific care guidelines, and cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns. Provides patient or healthcare surrogate with diet instruction and supporting nutrition education materials for prescribed diet by incorporating learning approaches that consider the cultural, religious, educational, and medical situation of the patient; assesses the patient’s response to education.
COMMUNICATION & DOCUMENTATION
· Communicates with the prescribing physician, patient, and/or healthcare surrogate to coordinate care and promote optimal outcome. Documents 1) the care provided to patient utilizing only approved forms and/or guidelines; and 2) the patient’s response to education. Maintains appropriate documentation of services and contacts with patients. Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients protected health information.
PROMOTES INTERDISCIPLINARY CARE
· Serves as nutrition expert, educator, and liaison to physicians and other health care team members. Assists in the education of dietetic students and interns; plans learning experiences, teaches, and evaluates performance. Conducts in-services and educational presentations to hospital/department staff.
· Identifies and collects performance improvement data, monitors outcomes, and initiates corrective actions. Participates in planning and developing nutrition-related policies, procedures, and goals.
· Maintains productivity standards and practices effective time management and prioritizing of tasks. Enters charges for services daily as directed. Maintains accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities, including information for scheduling and billing. Manages resources (time, materials, and staff) in a cost-effective manner. Assists in developing/revising patient educational materials, clinical forms, and protocols.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in Food & Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or related field
· Completion of an American Dietetic Association-approved dietetic internship
· Three years’ clinical nutrition experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s degree in Food & Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or related field
· Five years’ clinical nutrition experience
· Experience using Cerner medical record
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered Dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
· Florida Department of Health dietitian/nutritionist license
· Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
· Certification of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management
· Certification of Training in Adult Weight Management
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.