Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0017624
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Minnesota invites you to consider joining our Addiction Medicine Physician faculty in Minneapolis, MN.
- This is an Academic Track faculty position at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level.
- Provide care to patients within the M Health Addition Medicine Recovery Center (0.8 FTE)
- Participate in academic activities that include meetings, publications, and research (0.2 FTE)
M Health Fairview Addiction Medicine specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and recovery of individuals with substance use disorders. We have a multi-disciplinary and diverse team to serve any/all needs related to substance use and mental health concerns.
Our integrated services for individuals with mental health and addiction conditions allow us to make care more comprehensive, convenient, and effective for individuals.
About The Department
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences consists of an outstanding team of researchers, clinicians, and educators who provide world-class expertise in psychiatric illness, treatment, scholarship, and scientific discovery.
The Medical Discovery Team on Addiction is a multidisciplinary initiative within the University of Minnesota's Medical School to advance research and treatment in the field of drug addiction. The overarching goal of the Medical Discovery Team on Addiction is to link brain-based discoveries to new therapeutic approaches to treat or prevent addiction.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Addiction Medicine training program.
- Board eligible/certified with the ABMS.
- Licensed or ability to obtain medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- The ideal candidate has previous experience and expertise in working with acute psychiatric conditions and management in the delivery of care.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/350408
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
M Health Fairview is one of the largest providers of behavioral health services in the Upper Midwest. We offer a wide range of adult and child/adolescent services that includes: inpatient, behavioral emergency center, partial hospitalization, outpatient clinics, counseling centers, chemical dependency programs, and day treatment programs. In addition, our psychiatrists have access to consultation, collaborative management or referral with University of Minnesota Department of Psychiatry, University of Minnesota Physicians and Behavioral Healthcare Providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails! #UMP
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.