All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Case Management Specialist is accountable for the organization, sequence of services and resources that are necessary and appropriate for the achievement of patient care outcomes within effective time frames. The Case Management Specialist may be assigned work in several different capacities with in the Case Management department to assist in the coordinate the plan of care & communicate with all members of the health care team. Utilization Review and/or Discharge planning role may be assigned as primary focus, dependent upon departmental needs.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Communicates with courtesy and respect: Consistently utilize 5 fundamentals of AIDET Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank you.
• Maintains professional appearance, Adheres to Hospital/Department dress code
• Accountable for Employee and Patient engagement scores
• Committed to working as a team to improve Employee satisfaction and engagement scores.
• Maintains documentation that meets department standards on a daily basis
• Demonstrate care for one another and respect for each person’s unique contributions, provides
• care that is non-judgmental and non-discriminatory
• Demonstrate respect for human dignity and self-worth
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current license as Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, LPN Nursing,
• Recent Acute Care clinical experience
• Case Management experience
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that she/she can perform the essential functions of the job to which they are assigned, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Application of InterQual Criteria set.
• Competency and knowledge application for all ages from newborn to geriatric.
• Competency for appropriate use of hospital services and care coordination and discharge planning.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Communicates professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling
• Ability to work independently in most situations while multitasking
• Capable of working with people of various diverse backgrounds
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.