Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Mental Health/Social Services
This position is responsible for: Providing comprehensive Social Work services to patients and their families in accordance with the job responsibilities described in this document. Core Functions include psychosocial assessment and support of patient and families coping skills, protective and advocacy services, and linkage to community resources. Provide such services in accordance to the policies, procedures and guidelines established within the Department and organization.
- Attend patient care unit and/or Medical division rounds in accordance to team expectations and provide inpatient admission screening on assigned patient care unit.
- Manage complex assessments of the pt/family's biopsychosocial situation establishes goals and periodically re-assesses the pt/family situation.
- Provide crisis intervention services where indicated for the management of domestic violence, psychiatric emergency cases, child abuse and family disputes.
- Provide therapeutic, goal directed counseling. Exhibit necessary clinical skills to provide problem focused goal directed intervention.
- Interface with insurance providers, case managers and others involved in the authorization of needed patient services. Identifies and negotiates differing needs within the family system
- Coordinate discharge planning needs of patients and their families in an efficient, effective and timely manner while including the family in the process.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across disciplines and coordinate family meetings. Coordinate recommendations of team meetings.
- Document social work notes in the patient medical record within the guidelines of the Department policy.
- community resources and provide resource specific information to the assessed needs
- Maintain a professional manner at all times with staff and family.
Expansion of Social Work Services within our Psychiatry Consult Team. Primary role is mental health assessment and disposition planning and support for children and adolescents with acute behavioral health needs. This role will cover (3) 12-hour shifts per week and will be based in the Emergency Department and Inpatient Units. Some rotating weekend coverage likely. LCSW encouraged, supervision and training provided.
Masters Degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
6 months + job related experience
Graduate school internship may be applied to the job-related experience at the discretion of the Senior Director.